The False Prince – The Real End of AFFL…For Now
Hello Fantasy Lovers,
Tonight I have finally caught up with the vast majority of the AFFL members as I have finally completed the fantastic novel The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen.
So I read slow and most of the AFFL members had this book done a week ago, but today during our DEAR time I got down to business and knocked out the major climax and much of the falling action of this story. When I got home, after mowing the lawn, I sat out on the front porch and read the very satisfying end. I call it a satisfying end only because I know it to have a sequel. If I didn’t know that I would have so many unanswered questions flying from my mouth.
As I look back on this novel I find it to be just a really smart and fun read.
Now as AFFL takes a summer hiatus I hope we can have a good conversation about The False Prince in the comments of this post. Remember this in not the end of AFFL, we will be right back at it in August with our first after school meetings.
Here are a few discussion starters to get us going…
- What were your favorite parts, or characters, in The False Prince?
- Did you have the ending figured out, or did Jennifer Nielsen have you guessing to the very end?
- What was your favorite piece of foreshadowing?
- What do you think will happen in the second novel… The Runaway King?
- Do you think this was a good choice for an AFFL book?
Let’s get a good online conversation going.